The Wimborne St Giles School Council is group of children who were elected to represent the views of all children and to improve their school. Our School Council does a number of things:
· The School Council meets - usually with a teacher present - to discuss and sort out problems. These may include school lunches, behaviour or ideas for fundraising events.
· Members of the School Council are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed, such as planning events, writing newspaper articles, or meeting with catering staff.
The School Council represents the views of all children and gets things done.
These are some things that make our School Council effective:
· Regular meetings
· A council that is not too big
· Good communication between representatives and their class
· Training for School Council members
· Smaller groups (subcommittees) working on specific events or issues (we have an elected Pupil Outdoor Learning Committee)
· A bank account or budget (however small)
· Annual evaluations